Atlanta is the informal South’s capital. It has a rich heritage, as well as excellent restaurants, art galleries, live music, and a plethora of sights, which is why 35 million people visit the city each year. https://reliablesecuritystaffing.com/
If you’re considering to settle in Atlanta but are concerned more about the city’s security, you are on the right platform. We drilled down into the data, crime statistics, and interviews with local citizens to increase knowledge and understanding of how secure the city actually is. https://reliablesecuritystaffing.com/about-us/
Statistics regarding Crime in Atlanta:
Atlanta is a little risky location to come, according to statistics. As per FBI data published recently, Atlanta has the country’s 27th largest violent crime rate in 2019, with 707.50 incidences per 100,000 population. It was also placed 20th in the USA for Land Crime, with 4,776.43 per 100,000 population. https://reliablesecuritystaffing.com/services/
The overall rate of severe crime in the United States is 366.7 per 100,000 people, whereas the average rate of land crime is 2,109.9 per 100,000 people.
Atlanta’s rate of violent crime is about two times higher than the state average, and its property rate of crime seems more than two times higher.
Atlanta had 157 murders in 2020, up 58.5 percent from the previous year’s total of 99. The spike is attributed to the lockdowns and the COVID-19 pandemic, according to authorities.
There have also been 123 killings registered in Atlanta as of October 2021, a 14 percent rise during the same timeframe in 2020.
Atlanta Police Department Regions and Crime Statistics:
As per the Atlanta Police Department, killings in zones 5 and 6 increased by far the most. Downtown, midtown and the east side are included in Zones 5 and 6. Gun crimes increased significantly in Zones 5 and 6.
Although vehicle theft is decreased in nearly every portion of the city, zone 5 experienced a 43 percent increase, and zone 6 saw a 55 percent increase, despite the fact that robbery is reduced in basically every portion of the city. https://reliablesecuritystaffing.com/contact-us/
What do residents of Atlanta say about its safety?
- “I’ve never been afraid to go to the grocery store or get gas, but now if it’s dark outside, I won’t go”
- “It’s really scary because you don’t know where the shots are coming from, who’s going to get shot, or who’s going to be killed. It’s just everywhere.”
- “I’ve lived in Los Angeles, Detroit, Baltimore, and a few other major cities, and never had a problem with burglaries until I moved to Atlanta. To be honest, I feel safer in Compton, Chicago, Watts, or Detroit than I do in Atlanta. I’ve been in Atlanta for only 4 weeks and have had my car broken into twice. Wtf.”
- “Although crime overall is decreasing, violent crime and shootings are increasing. It started after things got crazy with quarantines. My area is seeing an increase in this. Just recently we had someone get murdered right outside my condo in a botched carjacking.”
- “Crime happens everywhere in the city. No place is completely safe. South of downtown, west of downtown, west of west-midtown, and west of the westside area have high incidents of crime.
- “The places you don’t want to walk around, you probably won’t find yourself walking around. But always be cautious, crime can happen anywhere.”
- “English Avenue, Vine City, Mechanicsville, and Pittsburgh are the dangerous Atlanta neighborhoods. They all have a lot more crime than anywhere else in town.”
- “Atlanta has good and bad spots, although the bad spots tend to be worse than most.”
The post IS ATLANTA SAFE? REASONS WHY DO WE NEED TO HIRE PRIVATE SECURITY GUARDS. appeared first on ABC News Now.